Oxy-Guard oxygen absorbers absorb the available oxygen inside packaged food. Accordingly, they are used to prevent food degradation due to oxidation which result in color change, loss of vitamins and nutritional value, undesirable odors etc..
It is filled with iron powder and sodium chloride, in PET film pouch. The sodium enables iron powder to oxidize and consume any oxygen available when the relative humidity reaches 40%. Once activated, Oxy-Guard is irreversible thus will continue to absorb until no more oxygen is present or dosage is saturated.
Why use it ?
Oxygen is one of the main factors that causes spoilage of food products. Food components are very sensitive to oxidation. It causes adverse affects like changes in aroma, taste and color, deterioration of nutrition and vitamin value, spoilage due to bacteria-mold-fungi and undesirable odor. These impacts result in reduced shelf life and food waste.
Oxy-Guard oxygen absorbers play a key role in food preservation. It prevents spoilage, maintains freshness, nutritional value, aroma and color. It assists to extend shelf life and reduce food waste.
– Safely used in direct contact with food
– Maintains 02 level of <0,1% inside sealed package
– Protects product quality
– Minimizes need for preservatives
– Cost effective
– Available in different configurations at a global scale
– ISO 9001-2008 certified
How to use it:
– Choose containers or packaging with minimal oxygen permeability
– Place Oxy-Guard sachet inside package and ensure proper sealing
– Oxy-Guard begins to absorb the available oxygen within the package
– Oxy-Guard will maintain an 02 level of < 0.01% and, with proper dosage, will continue to actively absorb and control oxygen ingress during the products shelf-life
Oxy-Guard sachets should be used within 60 minutes of opening vacuum packed bag.
Dosage recommendation :
Dosage recommendations are based on the packaging, residual air volume inside the packaging and the product (food) characteristics
|Residual air volume inside the food package (cc)||Size of Oxy-Guard needed (cc)|
Based on a sealed package with an oxygen transmission rate (OTR) of <40 cc/m2 /day
Processed and dried Meats • Baked goods, breads, tortillas
Powdered proteins and beverages • Nuts • Dried grains
Pastas, beans, and rice • Coffee, tea and spices
Chocolate and confectionary • Meals Ready to Eat (MRE’s)
Frozen pizzas and meals • Pet foods and treats
Cheese and dairy products
Sachet dimension: 50 x 60 mm
Sachet weight: 6,7 Grams +/-0,7
Packaging: 100 pcs/PE bag, 30 PE bags/Carton box, 3000 pcs/Carton box
Product code: CROEATYP0200